As set out by the National Board of Directors of the Liberal Party of Canada, registration in the Party is open without discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability.
To be eligible for Registration in the Party, a person must:
- (a) be at least 14 years of age;
- (b) support the purposes of the Party;
- (c) ordinarily live in Canada or, for Canadians living abroad, be qualified as an elector who may vote in accordance with part 11 of the Canada Elections Act;
- (d) not be a member of any other federal political party in Canada; and
- (e) while Registered as a Liberal, not have publicly declared an intention to be a candidate for election to the House of Commons other than as a candidate of the Party.